If your in the market and want to sell your home, there’s a few things you want to do before selling your home.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale
- -Compare suggestions and consider accepting the most sound advice. Generally, you will want to move out bulky and excess furniture.
- Repairs Before Selling
- -Not all resale repairs will pay off. You don’t want to spend a lot of money making improvements but you do want to repair obvious maintenance issues, if any have been neglected.
- Home Staging
- -You can hire a professional stager, ask your agent to help stage or stage it yourself. You will get more for your home if it is staged.
- Home Pricing
- -Do not select an agent based on suggested sales price. Some will overbid each other to get the listing. But do not overprice. Homes that are overpriced often sell for less than market value.
- Net Profits from Selling
- -I always prepare two net sheets for sellers, each with a low price and a high price. This way, sellers can be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. If the lowest net price will let you buy the home you want, it’s time to find financing.
FIND A LENDER
First, call your existing lender to find out exactly how much you need to pay off. You should order a beneficiary statement. Then check out new financing offers from your own lending institutions and credit unions. Ask for a Good Faith Estimate – GFE. Compare rates and fees. Also, ask for referrals to mortgage brokers from agents. Often, mortgage brokers have more flexibility to discount rates and are more competitive.
- Get a loan pre-approved letter, so you know how much of a mortgage you will qualify to obtain.
You don’t need to apply for the maximum mortgage, and a lower mortgage payment might make you more comfortable in the long run. Compare mortgage loan types and choose wisely.
SELL BEFORE BUYING
The moment your home goes on the market, you might be tempted to bounce around online looking at homes on the web. Next thing you know, you’ll want to make an appointment to view a few homes. Don’t get carried away by virtual tours and beautiful photographs of your dream home. It is almost always more profitable to sell before buying.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer all your questions.
Richard “Rick” Lopez
Coldwell Banker Platinum Properties
8500 Barranca Parkway, Suite 100 | Irvine, CA 92606
Direct 949.836.6785 | Office 949.552.0505 | Fax 949.552.6784
www.lowpez.com | firstname.lastname@example.org